Way to go, Spring 2021 graduates!
UNT will host in-person commencement ceremonies
April 30 and May 1 at Apogee Stadium
Providing you and your family with an opportunity to celebrate the tremendous accomplishment of earning a degree is one of the most important things we do, and protecting the safety of our UNT community is at the core of every decision we make. To balance these two very important things, UNT will host socially-distanced Spring 2021 Commencement ceremonies at Apogee Stadium, with limited guests.
In addition virtual College Recognition Ceremonies hosted by the college deans will premiere on YouTube April 30 and May 1.
Commencement Ceremonies at Apogee Stadium
Ceremony elements will include:
- Ceremonial conferral of bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees by President Neal Smatresk
- Remarks from the UNT administration
- Turning of graduates’ tassels and rings
What you need to know about the in-person commencement ceremonies:
- The ceremonies are at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Friday, April 30 and Saturday, May 1. The schedule below indicates which colleges are included in which ceremonies.
- Participation is limited to graduates who RSVP and claim four (4) guest tickets by the RSVP deadline. All commencement communications — including the RSVP process and deadline — will be sent to graduates' official UNT email accounts.
- Ticketing will be strictly enforced and seating will be preassigned to maintain social distancing.
- A livestream will be available for those unable to attend.
- Face coverings are required at all times on campus including at Apogee Stadium.
- Graduates are required to wear official UNT regalia.
- Verbal recognition of graduates' names and an opportunity to cross the stage will not take place.
Weather plan for Spring 2021 commencement ceremonies
In light rain, the ceremony will take place as scheduled. If severe weather is predicted or imminent at the time of any of the in-person ceremonies, UNT leadership will consider the viability of holding ceremonies on May 2 and the decision will be announced the week of the events, up to three hours prior to the affected ceremony(ies). Last-minute updates will be communicated on this website and via email to graduates.
Virtual College Recognition Ceremonies
UNT also will celebrate Spring 2021 graduates in College Recognition Ceremonies that will include remarks made by the college deans, and each graduate's name will be read aloud and displayed, along with degree granted, Latin Honors and major professor, if applicable.
Spring 2021 Commencement and Virtual College Recognition Ceremony Schedule
Links to all ceremony livestreams and premieres will be available on this website the week of commencement
Friday, April 30, 2021
In-Person Commencement Ceremony 1
10 a.m. — Apogee Stadium
Including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral candidates from the:
College of Health and Public Service
College of Information
College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism
College of Visual Arts and Design