We’re proud to have celebrated our Spring and Summer 2020 graduates with an in-person graduation event at at Apogee Stadium! Attendance was limited, seats were assigned, and tickets were required for entry. While graduates did not cross a stage, we know it was important to many of you to don your regalia and gather with your Mean Green Family to celebrate your tremendous accomplishment.
Direct communication, with ceremony specifics, parking directions and digital guest tickets were sent directly to graduates’ email accounts who RSVP’d by the deadline.
Watch the event recording below:
Spring and summer graduates, search your email inboxes for these subject lines to see any updates you may have missed. Be sure to check your spam or junk folders.
- Final instructions for 6 p.m. April 29 commencement ceremony: Monday, April 26
- FINAL REMINDER – RSVP by Friday for commencement at Apogee: Wednesday, March 24
- Don't forget: RSVP by March 26 for Apogee Stadium commencement on April 29: Thursday, March 11
- UNT to celebrate 2020 graduates April 29 at Apogee Stadium — A Message from the President: Friday, Feb. 26
Commencement Ceremonies at Apogee Stadium
Ceremony elements included:
- Remarks from the UNT administration and UNT System leadership
- Turning of graduates’ tassels and rings
What you need to know about this in-person commencement ceremony:
- The ceremony was at 6 p.m. Thursday, April 29.
- Participation was limited to graduates who RSVP'd by March 26 and their four (4) ticketed guests. All commencement communications — including the RSVP process and deadline — were sent to graduates' email accounts on file with UNT. RSVP instructions were sent to graduate candidates' official UNT email accounts on March 11.
- Ticketing was strictly enforced and seating was preassigned to maintain social distancing.
- Graduates were required to wear official UNT regalia.
- Verbal recognition of graduates and crossing the stage were not components of this ceremony. Spring and Summer 2020 graduates were verbally recognized during virtual College Recognition Ceremonies in August.
Get in the graduation spirit!
Read about our 2020 Great Grads
Check out our step-by-step instructions to hood a master's or doctoral graduate
Don’t forget that as a recent UNT graduate, you receive a free one-year membership as a gift from the UNT Alumni Association! Download the "UNT Alumni" mobile app to access your membership benefits!
Share your commencement pics and videos with us using #UNTgrad