Ready to Soar
Ready to Soar
Celebrating the accomplishments of UNT graduates
The Mean Green family comes together each year at commencement to honor the hard work and celebrate the success of our graduates. These are stories of pride, spirit and support -- the University of North Texas way.
You’ve done it. All the hard work, late nights and sacrifice are paying off. Soon you’ll be a college graduate, ready to conquer the world with a UNT degree in hand and all of the power and knowledge that comes with it. It’s time to celebrate!
Commencement marks a passage, the transformation from student to graduate. It’s the beginning of a new journey of discovery and the start of a lifelong affiliation with UNT as an alumnus alumni.
We're celebrating this milestone with you. For you. And with all of the fanfare and grandeur you deserve.
We want you to attend all of the graduation events because there are unique features for each one. It also gives you more opportunities to celebrate with your loved ones and your UNT family.
- Every May, UNT's University-wide Commencement honors UNT's annual graduating class with pomp and circumstance, featuring an inspirational speaker and degree conferral at Apogee Stadium.
- Also in May, UNT's Undergraduate College Recognition Ceremonies enables graduates to enjoy the more personal and traditional moments of graduation with fellow graduates from their program. Graduation is about individual recognition. Graduates names being called. Walking the stage in their cap and gown. Shaking hands with their university administration. Undergraduate College Recognition Ceremonies give graduates the opportunity to celebrate graduation with these traditional features in a more intimate setting.
- A Doctoral and Master's Convocation is held every May to recognize the accomplishments of students who completed post-graduate studies by that semester. Doctoral and M.F.A. candidates (recipients of terminal degrees) are hooded during this ceremony by their faculty mentor(s).
- Those who graduate in May are encouraged to attend both the University-wide Commencement, at which their degrees are conferred, and their college recognition ceremony or doctoral/master’s convocation.
- In December, UNT holds Undergraduate College Commencement Ceremonies for summer and fall graduates. These ceremonies feature the traditional moments of graduation, including degree conferral and individual recognition.
- A Doctoral and Master's Commencement is held every December to recognize doctoral and M.F.A. candidates (recipients of terminal degrees) who completed post-graduate studies by that semester. Fall degree candidates and summer degree recipients are hooded by their faculty mentor(s) and their degrees are conferred during this ceremony.
- Those who graduate in December are encouraged return to UNT to attend the University-wide Commencement the following May.
Congratulations, UNT graduate! Savor this time and be a part of the sea of green pride at UNT’s commencement events.